Monday, 23 January 2012

"Morning" Sickness

Whomever decided to call it Morning Sickness was obviously a man! I think I have been sick at every other time, except the morning.

Mine started on Christmas Eve on the side of a dual carriage way, whilst on our way to a pantomime, very festive eh?! I can't really explain what it feels like but all I remember was having this overwhelming feeling in the pit of my stomach that I didn't feel right & it came on very suddenly. One minute I was chatting away the next I was curled over saying "Babe your gonna have to pull over", I was just over 7 weeks at this point. I think this carried on for about 3 weeks & I lost just over 8lb, not that I'm complaining.

For the past 2 weeks I have felt slightly human again & thought I had got off lightly, oh how wrong I was! When I got home this evening I sat down to a lovely dinner with my wife, (which was a little bit spicy) & within 5 minutes I was running to the loo. Luckily we live in a ground floor flat & only takes me a matter of seconds to get there.  My new motto is Bland is Best. 

The first 12 weeks of pregnancy s so tough, you constantly worry about everything & you hear so many horror stories of women losing their babies, so when you start to get symptoms they are a blessing. However when these symptoms start to disappear, alarm bells start ringing & panic sets in again. 

I wish I was told at the beginning of my pregnancy that symptoms come & go throughout, I think it would have made these last few weeks a little easier for us.  I'm so glad that I am coming to the end of my first trimester, I think until I have the baby in my arms I'm not going to stop worrying but I can't wait to get my bump & start to feel my baby move for the first time. The exciting symptoms!

C x

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 26/01/2012, 17:03 , Blogger kezzaseaweed said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>