Friday, 17 February 2012

The Best Sound in the World.

This week began with us finally getting to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time.

When I booked in my 15 week appointment with the midwife, I thought it would be a routine, bloods, blood pressure and wee checking type of appointment. I was only half right. After several questions from the midwife and a quick check of my wee she asked those words I'd been waiting 15 weeks to hear.

"Would you like to hear they baby's heartbeat."

Who says NO to that question?!

It took us several seconds to reply as we were in shock as we'd been told we wouldn't get to hear the heartbeat until the 20 week scan.

As I hopped on to the bed, she warned me that there was a possibility that Buttons would not play ball and we may not hear anything. But not to worry.
At first all she could pick up was, baby's movements and interference from my mobile.

Five minutes later I was able to breathe again when the most amazing sound filled the room. The midwife chuckled to herself and claimed that it must be a boy as it was being cheeky and hiding.

I think we are going to have a stubborn baby who doesn't appreciate being poked and prodded. A bit like myself, I can feel a strong bond between us already.

A really nice highlight of our week was when we went to dinner to celebrate Valentines. We thought we should take the opportunity to celebrate as we imagine next year will be a very different evening.

The date didn't start too well as we waited 45 minutes for our starter. The table next door to us looked fearful for their food as anyone who has been or is pregnant will know, when hunger strikes, it strikes with force. Luckily the universe was on our side, when the waitress appeared and apologetically informed us that our set menu of £50 would now be completely free. RESULT.

Once the food finally arrived, it was amazing! Thankfully my nausea stayed away and I was able to enjoy every single morsel.

Best of all I got to spend the evening with my wife and we got to take some daft pictures that I'll share below.

C x






Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 20/02/2012, 17:27 , Blogger Kayla said...

Congratulations on hearing your little one's heartbeat. That must be an amazing feeling. I just stumbled across your blog and look forward to reading about your journey.

 
At 25/02/2012, 15:48 , OpenID becomingmums said...

Must have been so exciting! We haven't heard our babies' heartbeats yet, but the 20 week scan is only a couple of weeks away now. Just can't wait!

 
At 29/02/2012, 15:30 , Blogger MytwoMums said...

Thank you, it was amazing. Makes us smile when we think about it.

 
At 29/02/2012, 15:31 , Blogger MytwoMums said...

We can't wait until our 20 week scan. We are looking forward to seeing how much our little one has grown. Good luck at yours :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>