Saturday, 19 May 2012

Having a Grown up day

Today has been one of those days where you congratulate yourself on being very productive then have a mini freak out when you realise how grown up you've become.

We certainly felt very "married" today. The morning began with me going for a haircut at the crack of dawn whilst Clara stayed at home and did what ever wives do when their loved one leaves the house. I know she doesn't do what I do, which is grab the Xbox remote and try and get in some time on Saints Row.

We then spent two hours washing and vacuuming the car in preparation for our fresh little bundle in 12 weeks. Though I'm sure we will be re-washing in a weeks time due to the rubbish weather we've been having.






All this complete and it wasn't even midday yet. This definitely wouldn't have been the case a year ago. We'd probably still be in bed eating coco pops.

I then decided I wanted to make some fridge cake, so off we went to town to grab all I needed. We couldn't resist the local baby shop and didn't leave empty handed.






Then Clara popped out for a swim whilst I grabbed the Xbox remote ;)

When she got back we had a two hour nap and then made tea.

Once Monkey arrives these days will be few and far between. We think it's a good idea to get as many in as possible. I've never felt as grown up as I do right now. I guess preparing for a baby to arrive makes you feel that way. Good job I'm still a big kid inside ;)




Did preparing for your baby make your feel grown up? What did you make the most of before your precious one came along?

K

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 20/05/2012, 15:08 , Blogger Mummy Daddy and Me makes Three said...

Congrats on the impending arrival. I think having a baby certainly makes you feel 'grown up,' sometimes I look at my little girl and find it crazy that she is mine- I sometimes don't feel old enough to be a Mum. ;) Although I am nearly 30! ;) x

 
At 21/05/2012, 15:13 , Blogger MytwoMums said...

Thank you, I just turned 30 in March. Yet I am a bigger kid than Clara whom is 24 this August. I think sometimes I feel grown up and other days I don't haha.

K :)

 
At 25/05/2012, 22:29 , Blogger Misty Bird said...

I'm 23 this year and my little girl is 19months, and I'm sometimes scared by how grown up I feel! Especially when I go to the shops and am straight to the children's section rather than buying for myself.
It really is amazing how much mature you become without realising!
Congrats on the soon to be bundle of joy xx

 
At 26/05/2012, 11:05 , Blogger MytwoMums said...

It's crazy isn't it. Your priorities change almost overnight and things that were important before, don't seem so important anymore.

Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>